Seminars & Instruction
Each year we introduce hundreds of people just like you to outdoor adventures, enabling them to reach new heights and develop skills that you never thought possible. For Example: with Paths Peaks & Paddles you’re getting value and service no one else offers:
Most of our trips and seminars are preceded by preparatory classes and/or mailings so you know what to bring, where and when to meet. At Paths Peaks & Paddles you are always welcome to stop by the store where you will get a chance to get questions answered and get to meet the guides and instructors for that class.
- Paths Peaks & Paddles seminars/classes have handouts that will help you retain your newly acquired knowledge.
- Anyone signed up for seminars or guided trips (3 days or longer) receive 10% DISCOUNT OFF All ITEMS at the store (excluding boats).
- All group gear (stoves, cooking equipment, first aid kits, etc.) is provided at our outdoor sessions for hands on demonstrations.
The most important element however, is the incomparable value of spending time with our staff who enjoy sharing their vast experience and communicating their passion for the outdoors. Their skills are extensive and they are trained in the art of delivering a skill that meets and exceeds the standards our clients have come to expect.
Anyone can attempt wilderness adventures using the time honored method of trial and error (if you have plenty of time and can afford the potential “deadly errors”). Or, you can spend time with caring experts and accelerate your learning curve beyond your wildest expectations. Join Us!
-Oren Barris, President
Instruction that we offer are:
- Canoe Lessons (Beginner Flat Water)
- Canoe Lessons (Advanced Flat Water)
- Canoe Lessons (Beginner Moving Water)
- Canoe Lessons (Advanced Moving Water)
- Canoe Safety & Rescue
- Kayak Lessons (Beginner Flat Water)
- Kayak Lessons (Advanced Flat Water)
- Kayak Safety & Rescue
- Kayak Roll Clinics
- CPR (Adult)
- CPR (Child)
- CPR (Infant)
- CPR (Professional Rescuer)
- AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- First Aid (Standard)
- First Aid (When Help is Delayed)
- Emergency First Response (Pro Rescuer)
- Wilderness First Aid (ARC)
- Wilderness First Aid (WMI)
Other Wilderness Clinics:
- Winter Camping
- Wilderness Camping (Leave No Trace)
- Map & Compass (Beginner/Intermediate)
- Map & Compass (Advanced)
- Backcountry Cooking
- GPS (Beginner)
- GPS (Finding your way)
If you are interested in any of the above classes PLEASE go to our Calendar/Events page and see if we already have one coming up, or please feel free to contact us. If there is something you are looking for and we are not offering it please let us know. It may be something that we have on the back burner and we just haven’t gotten to it yet.