It is with great pleasure that we announce the newest addition to our product line-up, The Hobie Mirage Adventure Island, a 16' Trimaran "Sail/yak" that incorporates the patented Hobie MirageDriveTM into a unique sailing machine unlike any other sailing craft on the water. Adventure Island Video
Here are the features that make the Adventure Island so special:
- A boomless, roller-furling sail rig similar to the rig on the Hobie Bravo with plenty of sail area for excellent performance, completely manageable from the cockpit with the pull of a line.
- Two retractable amas that fold up against the side of the boat, again with the simple pull of a line, for easy docking, maneuverability, and transport.
- The cockpit is the stable platform of the Hobie Mirage Adventure Kayak, offering full versatility as a pedaling kayak when conditions are not convenient for sailing. All 2007 model year Adventure Kayaks, including the Fish model, will have inserts molded into the hulls so that they may be upgraded to an Adventure Island with a kit available through the Parts Department. The ama colors will be limited, and the Adventure Island will cost more when purchased via an upgrade kit rather than purchased initially as a complete boat package.
- The Hobie Mirage Drive allows the boat to be pedaled while under sail, or simply pedaled with the sail furled for versatility not found in any other sailboat.
- The Adventure Island is loaded with additional standard features such as a daggerboard; oversized "Twist and Stow" rudder; Mast and Sail Cover; and an Ama/Daggerboard Bag.
- The Adventure Island is offered in two color packages: Golden Papaya and Red Hibiscus. Both options include beautifully color-coordinated sails.
Length: 16' 0" / 4.88 m
Width (Amas Extended): 112 " / 2.84 m
Width (Amas Retracted): 42 " / 1.06 m
Weight: 115 lbs. / 52.12 kg
Capacity: 350 lbs. / 159 kg
Sail Area : 57.5 sq. ft. / 5.34 sq. m
Mast Height: 15' 2" / 4.62 m
>> Adventure kayak hull w/ MirageDrive, paddle, seat, and large rudder blade
>> Two color coordinated Amas
>> Deck mounted cross-bars
>> Removable ama arms w/ carrying bag
>> Smoke daggerboard
>> Roller-furling sail w/ battens
>> Two-piece mast w/ full length storage bag
>> Harken blocks
>> All lines and hardware
>> Plug-in Kayak Cart
>> Anchor system
>> Pitot tube speedometer
>> See the accessory page for many more options available